Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More art projects!

Day 13: Use tea leaves or tea bags or even just liquid tea to create something today. I used both liquied tea and tea leaves to create the famous image, at least to me, of my boyfriend, Drew on the beach.Day 14: Make something microscopic. I made tiny little love designs. I used pencil and colored pencil for the design. It is the size or smaller than a penny!Day 15: What can you do with just a dollar? Use a dollar bill as your medium or inspiration today. I made a dollar bill ring. I think I made one when I was younger but it didn't turn out well. I was excited to make one, it doesn't look exactly like the picture on the instructions but I like to be different!Day 16: Make a unique print by cutting up a potato or sponge, use it to stamp on material of choice. I made a potato stamp, by cutting a flower shape into it. I thought to use an interesting material with it, so I used this shiny red nail polish. I think it turned out well. I would like to try it again someday!

Day 17: make something inspired by/and or that goes over an eye. I have to say I thought I'd make something a bit cooler, but was a bit strapped for time. I just made a simple eye patch using material from an old skirt. I like that it is a bit loose and surprising pattern for an eye patch being that it is floral and a sunny yellow.

Day 18: Work with things that you find in your car. I used cards from my mom's car. I thought they were so cool and they really touched me. They are used for inspiration to gain personal happiness. They are called The Four Agreements . Here is a link for them on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Four-Agreements-48-Card-Deck/dp/1561708771
I picked four cards, one for each agreement and illustrated them using my own special touch and artistic license. I used colored pencils as my medium. I really am happy with them! I love the art styles of the cards.Day 19: Create something that floats on water. I tried making a paper lantern but when that failed I made two boxes. One did not hold up too well in the sink filled with water. But the one that has a cute sort of monster/star shape did well. I really liked it, I decorated it with ink drawings of flowers.Day 20: Buy or make some clay and then use it like you never have before. I have some green and yellow clay. I decided to make something for my wonderful boyfriend, and make a green lantern ring, something I definitely never made before. It is really big and kinda silly but awesome. I'm excited to show him. I don't know how to harden it though. The clay melted in the oven before...as you might remember from my first challenge and again when I did a test drive. Hopefully after few days it will harden by itself but I'm too scared to heat it in the oven and risk melting it.


Day 21: Write a ten-word love story. I wrote the love story of me and Drew.
Day 22: Create a bridge. Connect two things in a creative way. As you might have guessed it again I decided to use my boyfriend for inspiration. I think it's because Valentine's day is coming up and because I really miss him. I cut up a bunch of hearts using this fancy catalog filled with romantic Valentine's day goodies. I then threaded it with red thread. I know had my "bridge" sort of a tightrope kind of bridge, a bridge filled with love. I connected two things, me and him with our pictures, and I had this great J for my name Jessica paper I wanted to use. Drew gave it to me for Christmas. I tried to make a heart by with the read thread to connect my side but made more of lips, for a kiss instead. Still I'm thrilled by that! I then gave two kisses with my pink lipstick stained lips. Thus sending my kisses to my boyfriend via the bridge of love. I connected his side to the doorknob on this cute tiny white hutch. His picture behind the door of the glass with adorable puckered lips.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Luna,

    The Green Lantern ring looks awesome! Hmmmm... Day 21 sounds intriguing. I think I'll write a 10 word love story about my and my wife. That'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete