Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring is here!

Living in a chilly place like Illinois, has always made me look forward to the end of the freezing winter chills and the beautiful bloom of Spring! I want to share how I have been celebrating Spring, with yummy Easter inspired treats and a visit to the Chicago Botanical Gardens!Tired of the classical Easter basket? You should try using a Chinese take out box instead, I got the one above at World Market. I decorated it with lots of stickers to give a personal touch. I really like the Chinese take out box because it allowed me to seal up all the candy and goodies. I didn't have to worry about them falling out during my travel for delivery. It also is a good size portion, especially for kids. It is really easy to over do it on the holidays, too much sweets always ends up in a tummy ache. I think it'd be perfect for handing out party favors for Birthdays!I did something I haven't done for about ten years, make chocolate lollipops! Above is an Easter basket full of eggs mold. They were a huge hit with my boyfriend's family. I'm totally in love with making chocolate molds, the chocolate just tastes better homemade and its always more special because of it comes from the heart!

Chicago Botanical Gardens was a fun date for my boyfriend and I this past weekend. Although some of the flowers weren't in bloom yet, like the roses. There were so many stunning flowers, such as the one above. I like it because it reminds me of snake skin and is such a pretty color! I really enjoyed seeing some spring flower favorites like cherry blossoms. My favorite part of the trip was going to Spider Island, although don't let the title fool you, it is not spooky! Instead there were many hungry Koi swimming close to the bridge leading to the island in eager hopes of visitors dropping some crumbs. One of the greatest treasures of the Chicago Botanical Gardens wasn't the flowers but the animals, the ducks, the geese, the swans, and all the many tiny birds gulping down worms. I definitely will go back in the Summer, but it is nice to go in the Spring because it is cooler, less crowded and has Spring features like daffodils.

No comments:

Post a Comment